Friday, March 11, 2011

Pictures and The Pixies

I live on Chonnam National University's campus. It's one of 3 major universities in the City, so it has a lot of conveniences and is very lively! I'm surrounded immediately by scenery and other familiar sounds and sights of academia, so I feel very comforted by that. And safe.


Running is great because it's a little hilly, pushing the glutes a little harder. Hee Hee.




I love seeing the mountains. They're not huge, but still beautiful. I was surprised to find out how mountainous South Korea is.




It's fun to walk by the fields--people are constantly on the fields, walking the track, shooting hoops...



or playing tennis--even when I'm walking home at midnight...


There's a sweet little pond next to the museum:


...and sometimes I catch a couple older gentlemen playing guitar and singing quietly. It's a fantastically quiet place surrounded by really intense energy and light and sound. Kind of like my new Shire.


I've never win on things like lotto tickets (truly, my mom considers herself an eternal optimist for continuing to put them in my stocking, each Christmas). In this case, I definitely feel like I won something.

3 comments:

  1. And Santa will continue to put them there. It looks wonderful there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great new home Jen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful, you are a lucky young lady

    ReplyDelete