Thursday, July 14, 2011

The Stinger Power

I was sitting in class today and Nanla, my co-teacher, walked in looking peaked. Having a relationship with easch of them, she is the older, more maternal co-T who took me to my first acupuncture appointment.

"How are you today?" I asked.
"Not good. Ailments," she relied. "I dizzy this morning when I wake. And pain."
"Oh no, the acupuncture is not working?"
"I bee sting," she says, showing me her leg, and subsequent area with multiple welts.
"You got stung by a bee?! Three times?!"
"Yes, my husband bought. Is therapy."
"Wait, wait, wait. Your husband is stinging you with bees? On purpose?"
"Yes. Is healing. I don't want to take my medication anymore."
"Well, that's a way to go about that. Ouch!"
"Why are you laughing?" she asks, giggling.
"Because you purchased bees and are forcing them to sting you!"

So, I looked it up thinking surely this can't be right. Sure enough.

http://www.chronicfatiguetreatments.com/wordpress/treatments/bee-sting-therapy-for-chronic-pain-and-auto-immune-disorders/

No comments:

Post a Comment