Saturday, April 16, 2011

Fongcut

After Korean class this morning I stopped off in the bathroom and realized that my hair was stuck in my pants. It was literally long enough to be slightly tucked into my pants. I meant to get it cut before I left Chicago, but I "meant" to do many things that didn't get done before I left. Many. But I was a bit regretful, since Kang forewarned me, "Fong, I'm worried about you and those hairdressers. They do what they want." Though I'm known to sometimes just cut it myself, which is not a smart move, I still lacked the courage to jump into a salon and be like, "Aight, go to town. I know you don't understand me, so just do whatever."

Anyway, as I was walking through downtown, I ended up by Bubble Bar, and walked by Michael's Hairsalon International. I'm a skeptic at heart--of the $90 cuts AND the $30 ones, and even with a couple good recommendations from other girls I've met. I looked up and thought, "What the hell? It's hair." Until he started cutting...

I have to admit, I was panicking on the inside when took my hair out of the pony and started cutting, straight across my chest, like a 10 year old would think to do. After a while, I was like, whatev, cheers to a quick 10 inches cut off?

Then he finished and put me in the hands of this lovely Nepalese girl who was obviously a student (for she was watching diligently), for shampooing. The second this girl got her hands on my head I couldn't have cared if a 10 year old really had cut it. She massaged my scalp and temples for forever...it was grand.

After unwrapping the tightly tucked towels, I had two people blow-drying at the same time, which if you know me, is a blessing. He had cut way more than I asked for, and although he did it all fru-fruey, I was happy. And if I can't shave it yet...


The BEST part:
19,oooW (like $17) for a cut, and the best shampoo + scalp/neck massage ever. Shit, I'm going back every week for a shampoo.

facebook.com/hair.gwangju1

3 comments:

  1. i closed my salon now i have been working at leekaja hairbis in Bus Terminal Usquare in Gwangju. If you know about me You can check out my facebook/hair.gwangju1 thank you

    ReplyDelete